|American writer James Haught’s 1996 book 2000 Years of Disbelief: Famous People with the Courage to Doubt, wherein he devotes three page sections to 66 main “disbelievers” of history, listed below, with summary and quote selections. |
● Buckner, Edward M. and Buckner, Michael E. (1993). Quotations That Support the Separation of Church and State. The Atlanta Freethought Society.
● Bufe, Charles Q. (1992). The Heretic's Handbook of Quotations: Cutting Comments
on Burning Issues. See Sharp Press
● Cardiff, Ira D. (1945). What Great Men Think of Religion. Arno Press, 1972.
● Gray, Carole. (1992). Atheist Desk Calendar (1993 and 1994 editions). Publisher.
Women of Freethought Calendars, Columbus, Ohio.
● Greeley, Roger E. (1988). The Best of Humanism. Prometheus Books.
● Mencken, Henry. (1966). A New Dictionary of Quotations. Alfred A. Knopf.
● Noyes, Rufus K. (1906). Views of Religion. L. K. Washburn.
● Peter, Laurence J. (1977). Peter's Quotations: Ideas for Our Time. William
Morrow & Co.
● Seldes, George. (1960). The Great Quotations. Lyle Stuart.
● Vernon, Thomas S. (1989). Great Infidels. M&M Press.
● Wilcox, Laird and George, John. (1994). Be Reasonable: Selected Quotations for Inquiring Minds. Prometheus Books.