In hmolscience, Mohsen Mohsen-Nia (1958-), M. Mohsen-Nia or Mohsen Mohsennia, is an Iranian-born American chemical engineer noted, in human thermodynamics, for his 2011 work on the thermodynamics of friendship stability and for his JHT review board work.
In 2011, Mohsen-Nia, in his JHT article “A Thermodynamic Methodology for Evaluating Friendship Relations Stability”, co-authored with Iranians human scientist F. Arfaei, thermodynamicist H. Amiri, and computer engineer A. Mohsen Nia, presented the results of a small relationship study, of different pairings of male and female co-workers, and discuss the results in energetic terms and attempt to explain interhuman relationship potential modeled on the Lennard–Jones potential: 
where for a molecular system, ε is the depth of the potential well, σ is the finite distance at which the inter-particle potential is zero and r is the distance between the particles.
To note, an independent attempt at a human thermodynamics formulation using the Lennard–Jones potential was done previously, in 1998, by Venezualian-born English chemical engineer Erich Muller in his article “Human Societies: A Curious Application of Thermodynamics”. 
Mohsen-Nia completed his BS chemical and petrochemical engineering (1983) and MS in chemical engineering (1985) both at Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, and in 1992 completed a PhD student scholarship at the University of Illinois at Chicago, USA, and in 1993 completed his PhD in chemical engineering at Amirkabir University of Technology, doing post graduate work there the following year, soon thereafter becoming a professor of chemical engineering. In 2011, he was associated with both the Thermodynamic Research Laboratory, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran, and the Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Caltech, Pasadena, California, USA. Mohsen seems to be part of the “Iranian school of thermodynamics” (see: schools of thermodynamics), which includes Ali Mansoori (who hosts some of Mohsen-Nia's papers at his UIC Thermodynamics Research Laboratory site), as founded originally by Mehdi Bazargan, noted author of the 1956 book Thermodynamics of Humans, one of the first books in pure and applied human thermodynamics.
1. Mohsen-Nia, Mohsen, Arfaei, F., Amiri, H., and Mohsen Nia, A. (2011). “A Thermodynamic Methodology for Evaluating Friendship Relations Stability”, Journal of Human Thermodynamics, 7(2): 5-14, (Beta Review), Dec.
2. Müller, Erich, A. (1998). “Human Societies: a Curious Application of Thermodynamics" (scan) (abstract) Chemical Engineering Education, Vol. 1, No. 3, Summer.
● Mohsen-Nia, Mohsen, Moddaress, Hamid, and Mansoori, G. Ali. (1994). “Sour Natural Gas and Liquid Equation of State” (abs), Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 12(2): 127-36.
● Mohsen-Nia, M. (2009). “Effects of External Electromagnetic Field on Bionodal Curve of (water + propionic acid + dichloromethane) Ternary System” (abs), The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 41(10): 1081-85.
● Rezaei, H., Modarress, H., and Mohsen-Nia, M. (2010). “Extension of the New Proposed Association Equation of State (AEOS) to Associating Fluid Mixtures” (abs), The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 42(6): 808-816.
● Mohsen-Nia, Mohsen. (2013). “Social Equation of State” (pdf), Journal of Human Thermodynamics, 9(2): 29-42.
● Mohsen Mohsen-Nia (about) – AlChE.org.